Call for Applications, KNUST Regional Water and Environmental Sanitation, Kumasi (RWESCK), Short Courses
The Centre opens applications for regular short courses every year on the following topics:
- Basic Skills in GIS and Remote Sensing for Environmental and Engineering Practise
- Basic Accounting for Sanitation and Small Towns’ Water Systems Management
- Water Distribution Modelling of Small Towns’ Water System
- Sanitation and faecal sludge management for Urban Low-Income Communities
- Drainage Design and Storm water Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Construction of micro-irrigation schemes for rice development
- Integrated Municipal Solid Waste Management
- Developing Boreholes for Water Supply
The method of instruction will involve lectures, group exercises, case study analysis, hands-on sessions and field trips. Participants are required to bring laptops for hands on sessions.
The fee for each course is Seven Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHS700) covering lunch, snacks and training materials. Participants are to cater for their own accommodation during the training. Certificates will be awarded after course completion.
The courses are open to water and sanitation managers and engineers,engineering professionals in the fields of water resources, water supply, environmental sanitation, hydrogeology/hydrology, private sector solid waste management companies, policy makers, staff working with the MMDA’s, consultancy firms,water and sanitation NGOs, account clerks or book keepers of sanitation and small towns’ water systems, stakeholders in the environment and environmental consultants, civil society organizations, health, safety and environment officers, drillers and drilling supervisors
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND CONTACT
Download application forms from http://rwesck.knust.edu./education/short-courses. Completed application forms plus proof of payment should be forwarded to email@example.com. Generous rebate exist for two or more participants from same organisation. Completed application forms and proof of payment must be received 2 weeks clear, before the commencement of the course. For further information, contact +233(0)240250416 or +233(0)501062940.