Central University College Department Of Engineering
Department Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering offers engineering training that covers five broad areas leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. The areas covered are: structural engineering; geotechnical engineering; water resources engineering; transportation engineering;
and environmental engineering. This reporting period marks the first year of the Department’s operation.
To transform the practice of civil engineering by producing highly competent and well-grounded professionals, driven by integrity and innovation to deliver engineering excellence.
To train engineers with a holistic outlook by complementing the knowledge and understanding of civil engineering principles with practical skills that will make our graduates fully functional as problem solvers.
Degree Offered – Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- WASSCE and SSSCE: The minimum requirements for admission into the programme are passes in three (3) core subjects at the Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (SSSCE) OR the West African Senior Secondary Certiﬁcate Examination (WASSCE) in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science, AND passes in three (3) elective subjects at SSSCE/WASSCE level, namely, Elective Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- The aggregate score of the 6 subjects should not exceed 24 in the SSSCE or 36 in the WASSCE. All passes should be grade D (SSSCE) or better or C6 (WASSCE) or better.
- GCE Entrants: Applicants must have credits in at least ﬁve (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science Subject, AND two passes at GCE A-Level in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry, plus a pass in General Paper.
- Mature Applicants: Must be at least 25 years old and must have credits in ﬁve (5) GCE O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject, with at least 3 years relevant working experience. Candidates will be required to pass a qualifying examination conducted by the Department, and an interview.
- HND holders (Civil Engineering option) who graduated within the range of First Class to Second Class (Lower Division) may also be considered for admission to an appropriate level.
Candidates are required to have passes at credit level in Mathematics, Science subjects and English Language. This is the basic departmental requirement.
Related Engineering school
Public Engineering Schools In Ghana
Private Engineering Schools In Ghana
Regent School Of Informatics, Engineering And Technology
All Nations University College School Of Engineering
Accra Institute Of Technology (AIT)
Ashesi University College
Central University College
Ghana Technology University College
Regional Maritime University
Regent School Of Engineering
KAAF University College Faculty Of Engineering