College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2018
A tuition fee discount of 22% – or 28% if you achieve certain grades – is available to international students from eligible countries in Asia and Africa who apply for a postgraduate (Masters) degree within one of the departments in our College of Science and Engineering, starting at Leicester in September 2017.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when final results are available.
- Physics and Astronomy
|Country||Grade required for 28% discount|
|Bangladesh||First class undergraduate degree plus Masters degree|
|Bhutan||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|India||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|Nepal||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|Singapore||First class undergraduate degree|
|Sri Lanka||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
28% discount available for applicants with a first class undergraduate degree (16/20 if using the French system)
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Conditions of the award
- You must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee, excluding components for ‘with industry’ degrees.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.