Ho Technical University 2017 Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of Food Science and Technology under the auspices of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology of Ho Technical University is pleased to invite proposals for individual papers, panels and poster presentations for the 3rd National Food Hygiene, Safety and Sanitation Conference on the theme: “Sustaining Food Hygiene, Food Safety and Sanitation Practices in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in Ghana”. The conference seeks to provide a national platform for researchers, practitioners and stakeholders to deliberate and share their work and experiences through the presentation of high quality research on topics relating to food hygiene, food safety and sanitation in Ghana. Though issues of poor Food Hygiene, Food Safety and Sanitation are life-threatening and affect the development of the hospitality and tourism industry in Ghana and other developing countries, there has been inadequate research on these serious issues as a country. The hospitality and tourism industry which is very key to national development is greatly affected by the consequences of poor hygiene and sanitation practices. The conference will therefore provide the platform for academics and practitioners to subject the issue of Food Hygiene, Food Safety and Sanitation to an objective and critical analysis. Also, the conference will generate new ideas and recommend solution to these potential problems confronting the country especially the hospitality and tourism industry. Further, the conference will provide innovative approaches to promote effective sanitation practices and proper food handling for the development of the hospitality and tourism industry and the country as a whole. The conference therefore intends to draw on multidisciplinary research to inform national policy and practice in the sector.
The conference will be structured around a competitive call for papers addressing the following themes:
- Sanitation, hygiene and Tourism/ Hospitality industry
- Food Hygiene and Safety Regulations
- Food Hygiene and Safety Practices
- Food Safety and Agronomics
- Food Packaging and Labeling
- Food Fraud and Public Health
- Public Health and Education
- Food Technology and Food Safety
- Pest Control and Food Poisoning
- Weed Management and Food Safety
- Water Management and Public Health
- Safe Food Processing, Preservation & Storage
- Quality Standards, Assurance and Control.
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Innovations in Food Product Development
- Environmental Sanitation and Disease Outbreak
- Urbanization, Town Planning and Sanitation
- Climate change and environmental hygiene
- Product Development and Hygiene
- Socio-Economic Factors and Food Safety
- Hygiene, Safety and Sanitation sustainability
- Practices of chop bar operators, roaming food vendors, kebab sellers etc
- Other key areas of research on Food Hygiene, Food Safety and Sanitation related topic may be considered.
- Proposals outside the scope of these sub-themes may also be considered.
- Book of abstract will be published and available during the conference.
- Peer-reviewed conference proceedings will be published by December, 2017.
- Outstanding papers will be selected from the conference and will be published in a special issue in the African Journal of Technical Education and Management (AJTEM).
The following arrangements are available:
- 20 minutes presentations followed by 15 minutes discussion
- 90 minutes panel with four presenters
- Poster presentation
Proposal of panels should consist of:
- Title of the panel
- Proposed panelists
- Discussant (if necessary)
- Description of panel should not be more than 450 words
The deadline for full paper submission of or extended abstract is 15th July, 2017.
|Conference Venue: G.M. Afeti Auditorium, Ho Technical University|
|Conference language: English|
|Notification of acceptance (Decision on papers submitted): 16th August, 2017.|
|Deadline for online submission of complete final papers: 30th August, 2017|
Submission via online (internet): Abstracts, Full papers and any other enquiries on the conference should be sent to the following address:
Click on Download Manusscripts Guidelines to download conference manuscripts guidelines for authors.
|Registration before 31st July, 2017 (Early bird registration) – GH₵250.00|
|Registration after 31st July, 2017 (Late registration) – GH₵300.00|
The registration fees include the cost of the conference materials (folder, book of abstracts etc.) snack break and lunch. Mode of payment: via the following account details:
Ho Technical University
Account Name: Production Unit Account
Account Number: 5011130004139
Branch: GCB Bank Limited, Ho Poly Branch