Knust Entrepreneurship Clinic 2019
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology sees the impact of entrepreneurship and small business management skills on its students as a vital component in its training. The Centre for Business Development is organizing an entrepreneurship seminar dubbed “KNUST Entrepreneurship Clinic” for all students of KNUST and other tertiary students in Kumasi. This will be the ninth in the series. The broad theme for this year’s Clinic is “Empowering the Youth through Entrepreneurship”
The purpose of the CLINIC is to educate students on general knowledge in all aspects of entrepreneurship and small business management. It also seeks to throw light on professional and business ethics. The main idea is to create awareness and knowledge of opportunities, challenges, characteristics, attitudes and skills needed for successful entrepreneurship, venture creation and networking.
- Appreciating the relationship between concepts and principles of entrepreneurship and small business management and its prospects and challenges.
- Managing and sustaining a business in Ghana.
- Understanding the business environment and opportunities and threats they present.
- Discovering and utilizing their potential in life and generally coping with life after school.
- Understanding the business financing systems in Ghana including microfinancing.
It is expected that most students will go out with an entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship mindset of orientation. The programme is not necessarily going to make it possible for all final year students to begin their careers as entrepreneurs or self-employed immediately after graduation but at least it will give them the necessary exposure.