Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years by Tuesday, 31st May, 2016.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must have at least three (3) years work experience and should be able to provide a letter of appointment from their employer or show any proof of employment.
- Must possess at least credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics or in the case of WASSCE or SSSCE/GBCE holders, at least grade C6 or grade D respectively in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination General Paper and selection interview.
- Applicants with WASSCE grade D7/E8 or SSSCE/GBCE grade E or GCE ‘O’ Level grade 7/8 in English Language and Mathematics may apply but their admission would be subject to their having passed the University’s Mature Special English Language and Special Mathematics papers in addition to General Paper and selection interview.
Note: Successful mature applicants would be placed at Level 100. Applicants with exceptional abilities may however be admitted to Level 200 depending on their entry qualifications, outstanding performance at the mature entrance examinations and selection interview as well as demonstrable potential to cope with academic work at Level 200. HND and University diploma holders who do not meet the minimum requirements specified above may apply as mature applicants provided they have equally satisfied the requirements for the mature applicants.