UG Legon, Vacancies for Senior Level Administrative Position Director of Academic Quality Assurance 2018
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position listed below, to take effect from 1st August, 2018.
POSITION: Director, Academic Quality Assurance Unit
REPORTING TO: Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs)
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs), the successful applicant should provide leadership, advice and expertise on academic quality assurance policies and procedures thereby ensuring a responsive and high quality service to both internal and external stakeholders.
Details of Specific Duties
The successful applicant shall:
- Advise the University and its Affiliates on Academic Quality Assurance matters and the determination and maintenance of acceptable levels of academic standards with respect to teaching, learning;
- Supervise the conduct of evaluation of courses and lecturers by students,
- Oversee academic quality audits, quality assurance reviews for accreditation purposes, and preparation of staff training and staff development plans;
- Facilitate the training of newly appointed Lecturers on teaching methodology and assessment of students;
- Be responsible for the training and orientation of newly appointed Heads of Department, Deans and other office holders of the University;
- Formulates and bring into force varied research quality and control procedures of the surveys that are conducted under the mandate of the Unit
The successful applicant must:
- Be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry and eligible for that position.
- Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in relevant disciplines.
- Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the University.
Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Substantial experience at a senior level of quality assurance processes in higher education.
- Experience of managing internal quality audits, and implementation of Regulatory Bodies Quality Codes, Quality Assurance guidelines and policies.
- Proven successful experience of making high level decisions and recommendations to senior management on quality assurance matters.
- High level understanding of the implications of higher education policy in the context of quality assurance procedures and processes, and previous experience of translating strategies into operational policies and procedures
METHOD OF APPLICATION
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hard copy) or email@example.com (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae with supporting educational and professional certificates
- A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 13th April, 2018.
26th February, 2018